March 18, 2012

March Awesome Vegan of the Month!

  • Everyone! Meet Linh La! 



    She's a self proclaimed full-blown optimist and truly believes that we can change this world for the better. She's my awesome Vegan of the Month for March-- 
    who happens to be the creative director for all the Loving Hut's in the USA... which I am so excited about, because Loving Hut is one of my favorite places :) She also owns Linh La Design and Consultation (www.linhla.com) and a vegan clothing store line-- which you can find by clicking here.

    Her mom met Supreme Master Ching Hai when she was 7. Her mother followed her and taught about the Quan Yin Method, meditation, and a Veg Diet. Without her mom's pressure, but more of her inspiring Linh, she decided to follow in her mom's foot steps. She said the weirdest thing was, right before she made her decision, she had the worst pain in her life inside my stomach. She had to go to the hospital for several days and they could not find out what it was. After that, she could not eat meat anymore. 

     She has been a vegetarian since she was 7. Then about at the age of 26, she realized the horrible truths of the dairy industry and I became Vegan. 

    When being asked why she has remained vegan, she responded, "It is something so natural like saying my hair is black. I am Asian. It is one of the most natural things for me. Mostly, it is all about compassion."

    "Every day, I wake up and I can make some sort of impact to help Mother Earth, my fellow species, and ALL BEINGS that reside with me on this planet. As long as each day, I can lay down a perfect brick, I will build the most beautiful structure to help everyone," she added.

    Linh lists her top achievements in life as, being vegan, forgiving herself, being part of Loving Hut, her vegan clothing line and finding enlightenment.  In addition to her passions of being vegan, she also enjoys listening to TedTalks, laughing & creating smile wrinkles as well as seeking enlightenment, love and knowledge.

    Her favorite animal rights quote is:
    “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” - Edward Everett Hale

    She says that if she won the lottery, she would spend the money on creating more Loving Hut restaurants as well as providing really awesome education for everyone. She said she believes that the correct guidance can build strong and might foundations that will sustain all of us.


No comments: