March 20, 2012

Raw Foods & Brooke Shaden

It's FINALLY warm outside!!! I've been craving summer throughout the entire winter.  The strange part about this winter, however, was that it was pretty mild. Not a lot of snow and not even that cold.  I think the reasoning behind my disdain for this winter is that it was ugly and just cold enough for it to be completely uninspiring.  Now everything is turning green again and I am spending the nights with my windows open-- totally overyjoyed!   For the past few days I've been eating primarily raw foods, an apetite that I've noticed also tends to come with warm weather.  Here are a few pictures of my some of my recent meals:
Triple Berry Smoothie
(Blueberry, Raspberry & Blackberries + water)

Avocado & Banana Purée
(3 bananas + 3 avocados)

Chia Seed Pudding 
(chia seeds + almond milk + mango juice)



Aside from eating those delicious meals, I made some VERY exciting plans for this weekend. On Saturday night I'm heading out to Chicago with Macy and our friends Travis and Tyler so I can go to a workshop by the incredibly talented Brook Shaden. It was sort of a spontaneous decision, but not really because I've been wanting to go to one of her workshops for ages, but they were never close enough.  The guys are going to explore the city while I am learning at the workshop... can't wait to tell you about how amazing I know it'll be!

No comments: